ABIM SEP MODULES
TXACP will host a Maintenance of Certification Learning Session that will feature the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Updates in Internal Medicine and Updates in Hospital Medicine knowledge modules.
The Learning Sessions will be held on Friday October 25, 2019 at the J.W. Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort:
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Updates in Internal Medicine
- 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. - Updates in Hospital Medicine
The primary purpose of the Learning Sessions is to facilitate completion of ABIM medical knowledge modules by board-certified internists and subspecialists of internal medicine in order for them to receive Maintenance of Certification credit. Learning Sessions are conducted in an interactive group setting with educational support, and are led by ABIM-certified physicians.
Participants who are enrolled in ABIM’s Maintenance of Certification program can order a copy of the Updates in Internal Medicine and Updates in Hospital Medicine from ABIM’s website, www.abim.org, and transfer and submit the answers discussed during the Learning Session to ABIM for scoring. Participants will have access to a score report that confirms whether or not the module was completed successfully. Those who complete the module successfully will receive 10 points for completing a 30 - question module toward ABIM’s Self-Evaluation of Medical Knowledge requirement for Maintenance of Certification. You must be enrolled in ABIM’s Maintenance of Certification program to submit completed medical knowledge modules for scoring, feedback reports, and eligibility to receive Maintenance of Certification points and AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
For additional information about the ABIM Maintenance of Certification program requirements, visit ABIM’s website, www.abim.org or call ABIM Customer Service, 800-441-ABIM. To enroll in Maintenance of Certification, go to your password-protected “Home Page” in the Physician Login section of www.abim.org.
For those not enrolled in ABIM’s Maintenance of Certification program, the Learning Session provides an excellent opportunity to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ credit directly from TXACP.
To participate in the Learning Session:
- Register with TXACP to take the ABIM Learning Session. The registration fees for this ABIM Learning Session covers the costs for the educational support provided at the session and will be paid
directly to TXACP. The registration fee structure is online at www.txacp.org/annualmeeting .
- TXACP will provide you with a “Learner’s Copy” of the Updates in Internal Medicine and/or Updates in Hospital Medicine at the session on October 25, 2019.
- In addition to the learner’s copy you will receive at the session, you must order an “Official” copy of the knowledge modules directly from ABIM. Modules can be ordered via your password-protected home page in the Physician Login section of www.abim.org. Modules will immediately become available to you on your home page.
You may order this official module copy either before or after you take the Maintenance of Certification learning session on October 25, 2019.
- If you are already enrolled in the ABIM MOC program there is no additional fee for ordering version of the “Official” module. If you order before coming to the session, you may bring your laptop with you.
- If you are not enrolled in the ABIM MOC Program you may attend the learning session; however you must enroll in the MOC program prior to receiving MOC credit for the knowledge module. To enroll in the MOC Program go to your password-protected “Home Page” in the Physician Login section of www.abim.org
- After the learning session on October 25, 2019, please submit your answers to ABIM as soon as possible for MOC credit by completing and submitting your “official” internet copy (you must be connected to the internet in order for your answers to be successfully transmitted to ABIM). If you need assistance submitting your answers please call 800.441. ABIM.
For more information about attending the ABIM Maintenance of Certification Learning Session at the TXACP Annual Meeting, please visit www.txacp.org/annualmeeting or contact Alyssa Martinez (512) 370-1508 or TXACP@texmed.org.